Course Specific Information
Syllabus (in PDF format)
Calendar (in PDF format)
Resume requirements (in PDF format)
Group Project description (in PDF format)
Other Useful Links
The textbook - the Publisher's site
General Information Links
Investment Terminology and Guidance
- Investor Words provides an interactive dictionary of common terms used in the investment arena
- How to Trade Stocks is another site with a dictionary of terms used in the investment industry
- The Motely Fool is an investment site with easy to read (and understand) guidance for new investors
- Investor.gov is the U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission's site with investment information
- Investopedia is another source of investment definitions and explanations
- Money-zine has an interesting article about understanding financial ratios that might prove helpful
Entrepreneurship and Starting a Business
- The Small Business Administration is a federal agency focusing on helping small businesses succeed
- The SBA has a page specifically dedicated to helping write a business plan
- The Entrepreneur Magazine has an on-line site with lots of current events and information
Job Seeker websites
- Career Coach is a Montgomery College site for assisting in a job search
- College Board's hottest jobs in the near future
- CollegeGrad.com's site for entry level jobs
- There are also many other job sites like Career Builder and Monster
General News and Financial Information sites
- The Washington Post
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- CNN (currency exchange rates are also available)
Other Interesting Links and Videos
- How to write a mission statement that doesn't suck! and Montgomery College's mission, vision and values statement.
- Google Trends - what is being searched for right now.
- The CIA (yes that CIA) maintains a World Fact Book with information about countries around the globe.
- Fortune 500 List is a compilation by Fortune magazine of the 500 largest companies in the United States.
- The Value Line Investment Survey with lots of good information about many publicly traded companies.