Syllabus (in PDF format)
Calendar (in PDF format)
- Completed Example of the assignment - part 1: all advertisements (as PDF)
- Completed Example of the assignment - part 2: class presentation (as PowerPoint show)
- Explanation (search for "Marketing Foundations with Drew Boyd" once logged in using your MyMC credentials)
- Templates (in Word format)
Other Useful Links
The textbook - the Publisher's site
Market Segmentation and Analysis
- Strategic Business Insights - Values Attitudes & Lifestyles (VALS)
- Nielsen Segmentation - PRIZM
- Acxiom's PersonicX socioeconomic clusters - https://isapps.acxiom.com/personicx/personicx.aspx
- North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) has a page of links to useful market research tools.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics - http://www.bls.gov/
- Consumer Product Safety Commission - http://www.cpsc.gov/
- Federal Trade Commission - https://www.ftc.gov/
- Food and Drug Administration - http://www.fda.gov/
- How to write a mission statement that doesn't suck!
- An amusing set of videos from Blendtec called "Will it Blend?" - this one features glow sticks.
Google Trends - what is being searched for right now.
The American Marketing Association is one of the largest marketing associations in the world, with over 30,000 members who work, teach and study in the field of marketing across the globe